Lodge A Complaint

You can file a complaint about a public information officer or public body on one or more of following grounds:

  • If access to information is wrongfully denied
  • If information is not provided within the stipulated time
  • If PIO refused to receive and process your request
  • If you have been provided with false, misleading or incomplete information
  • If you have been charged fee or cost for provision of information in excess of the requisite fee
  • If information has been deliberately destroyed to avoid its disclosure
  • Failure of a public body to implement the provisions regarding proactive disclosure
  • Violation of any other provision of the Act by a public body